Faith Formation for Children
The purpose of Faith Formation is to teach the truths of the Catholic faith, learn to apply them to our daily lives and grow closer to God. We will use a variety of experiences to make our faith come alive for the children and youth of St. Edward.
- All children will participate in classes on Sunday mornings after the 9:00 am Mass. Children begin preparation for Penance and Communion in grade 1. A two year preparation program is required by the diocese. We will use the Faith and Life curriculum.
- Children in grades 3-7 will use a variety of materials. Grade 3 will be a class on its' own, while 4 and 5; 6 and 7 will be grouped together.
- Confirmation Preparation begins in grade 7 and ends in grade 8. Youth enrolled in Catholic school must attend classes here at St. Edward in grade 8 to be confirmed in grade 9. Confirmation will take place early in 9th grade.
- Roman Catholic School families should register 2nd graders for First Penance and First Communion in the parish. 8th graders also need to register for immediate Confirmation preparation.
Children's Liturgy of the Word: there is no registration or fee for this program.
- Children should be at least 4 years old to attend.
- Children in grades 1 – 5 are to participate in the Children’s Liturgy of the Word during the 9:00 am Mass.